Over the past century, the act of cooking food has evolved dramatically, and the last decade saw the arrival of many innovative products that made cooking both fast and easier. Even teenagers are now preparing their own food easily without any safety issues thanks to such products. In this article, we are going to review one such useful product, the Instant Pot Duo.
Instant Pot is a very famous home appliance brand in the households of America and Canada and is used by tens of thousands of homemakers and cooks. It is a smart, multi-function cooker that can do the job of several different appliances, all at the touch of buttons. In short, this is one of those appliances that the generation before us could have only seen in their dreams.
Instant Pot has several different models of different abilities and sizes, but we are only going to focus on the Instant Pot Duo model. It is the number 1 best seller in the stock pots section of Amazon and has more than 34000 customer reviews. Let us know more about it.
Top Features of the Instant Pot Duo:
More Products & Reviews: 10BestMart
Here are the top features of the Instant Pot Duo. All of these features are applicable for all 3 variants of the Instant Pot:
- 7 Kitchen appliances in 1: The Instantpot has the cooking functions of 7 different appliances; Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer. This makes it a must-have for all modern kitchens.
- 4 colors: The Instant Pot Duo is available in four attractive colors; Red, Black, Teal, and White. You can purchase the one that will look good on your kitchen.
- Safety: The pot is UL and ULC certified and has 10 different safety mechanisms. It is made of 18/8 304 grade stainless steel, which is the certified grade allowed for food preparation and dining.
- 14 Smart Programs: There are 14 preset cooking functions available at the press of a button to make things easier for you; Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté/Simmer, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Slow Cook, Keep Warm, Yogurt, Manual, and Pressure Cook.
- Recipe app: InstantPot has a recipe app available for both Android and iOS. It has more than 1000 recipes and instructions to cook that in the Instant Pot Duo.
- 24-hour delay start timer: Using this function, you can set the cooking to start at any time in the next 24 hours. This is a blessing for busy professionals and homemakers who don’t get enough time to prepare their food. It is also very useful when it comes to slow cooking food items such as yogurt.
Variations and price of the Instant Pot Duo Cooker
This awesome pressure cooker is available in 3 different variants of different sizes. Let us look at these three and choose which one is suitable for you:
Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 quarts
This is the smallest and cheapest variant of the three. The mini version can cook 3 quarts or 2.8 liters of food, enough to feed a small nuclear family. It has all of the same features as the higher variants, including the 7-in-1 functionality. The list price for this is 80 dollars on Amazon, but you can get it for far less using offers and coupons. Buy this only if you are cooking for a very small family.
Instant Pot DUO60 6 quarts
This is the medium level variant and is the most popular among the three. It can cook 6 quarts or 5.6 liters of food, which is enough to feed a family of 6. It has a lot of nice features, including the 7-in-1 functionality. The list price for this variant is 100 dollars on Amazon, but you can get it for far less using offers and coupons. At the time of writing this article, you can get this on Amazon for only 57 dollars.
This is the largest and costliest variant of the InstantPot. It can fit 8 quarts or 7.5 liters of food, which is enough to prepare a meal for a family of eight. The list price of this variant is 140 dollars, but it is available for a lot less on Amazon after offers and discounts. This is the version you buy if you are a part of a large joint family.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Q: Does this product have a warranty? If so, for how many years?
A: Yes, the Instant Pot Company offers a warranty of one year from the date of purchase. The warranty is applicable for defects in workmanship and material, under normal residential use. It is only available to the original purchaser and for use in USA and Canada.
Q: I have a family of two adults, do I need to purchase the Instant Pot DUO60?
A: No, in order to cook for two adults, the Instant Pot Mini is more than adequate.
Q: What is the wattage rating of this pot?
A: The Instant Pot takes a power supply of 120V or 60Hz at 1200 watts.
Q: Can I deep fry on this?
A: No, deep frying is not possible. But it can do a lot of other cooking functions.
Q: What are the accessories that come with this pot?
A: When you purchase the InstantPot Duo, you get stainless steel steam rack with handles, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, condensation collector, and a recipe booklet with detailed instructions.
Q: Is there a recipe book included with the Instant Pot?
A: Yes, you can also download the Instant Pot recipe app from app stores and access over 1000 instant pot recipes.
Conclusion on InstantPot DUO 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker
This post was all about the features and functions of the Instant Pot pressure cooker. We hope we were able to clear all your doubts and help you make your decision about this product. Do comment below if you have any issues about this cooker.